Honey Cake Ingredients
170g of Tempest honey
140g of butter
85g of light muscovado sugar
2 beaten eggs
200g of sieved self raising flour
55g of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of Tempest honey
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 3 and butter and line the bottom of a 7in/18cm cake tin.
2. Measure the honey, butter and sugar into a large pan. Add a tablespoon of water and heat gently until melted.
3. Remove from the heat and mix in the eggs and flour.
4. Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is springy to the touch and shrinking slightly from the sides of the tin.
5. Cool slightly in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack.
6. While the cake is still warm, make the icing by mixing the sugar and honey together with 2-3 teaspoons of hot water. Trickle over the cake in whatever design takes your fancy.
If you give this recipe a go or even your own culinary creation, then we'd love you to tweet us a pic of your results! @CapitalCentric
Please upgrade your browser to the latest version or download a different browser to improve your experience.